The essence of summer. I have made this many times and it never fails to please. The batter will look goopy and unsightly, but the finished product is delightful. Enjoy.
from California Fresh Harvest: A Seasonal Journey through Northern California by Junior League of Oakland-East Bay
½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted
1 c. sugar
1½ c. flour
1 T. baking powder
½ t. salt
1 c. milk
3 c. fresh blueberries
2 c. sliced, peeled nectarines
2 t. fresh lemon juice
1½ t. cinnamon
¼ c. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the butter into a shallow 2-quart baking dish, tilting the dish to coat the bottom evenly.
3. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add the milk, stirring until just blended; the batter will be lumpy. Pour into the prepared dish; do not stir.
4. For the filling, toss the blueberries and nectarines with the lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl until coated.
5. Arrange the fruit over the batter. Sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar; do not stir.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.