Won’t be blogging tomorrow or Friday. Here’s another recipe for your enjoyment.
THAI BEEF SALAD
1 bag spring mix (mesclun) Thai Salad Dressing
2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce
1 flank steak 1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 large red onion ½ c. fish sauce (Nuoc Mam)
2 medium cucumbers 4 T. sugar
2 large tomatoes 4 T. thinly sliced center of
4 T. fish sauce (Nuoc Mam) lemongrass stalk
1 c. cilantro leaves
1 c. mint leaves
2 t. finely minced hot chili (preferably Thai bird peppers) (optional)
extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for Thai Salad Dressing until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
2. Prepare grill. Rub flank steak with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill 5 minutes on each side until rare. Set aside on plate covered with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Slice cucumbers and red onion thinly. Dice tomatoes. Add to large salad bowl with lettuces.
4. Remove cilantro leaves from stems. Chop coarsely. Add to salad bowl.
5. Chiffonade the mint, reserving some of the mint leaves for garnish.
6. Once the flank steak has rested slice it thinly against the grain. Cut pieces in half and toss in bowl with 4 tablespoons of fish sauce. Add to salad.
7. Re-whisk the dressing and add to salad until ingredients are just wet.
(Note: You may not need to use all of the dressing). Toss ingredients and serve immediately.